Monday 11 January 2016

That moment of fear

Can i have your identification card please?the lady asked me, i was furiously searching my pockets hoping that  there is another pocket within the main pocket, because for some reason, my ID card was not there, i finally found my voice, do i need it to take my parcel? she affirmed and i just turned around to leave, telling her i will be back with it.

 As i walked out of the post office, i was gripped with the fear of the unknown, my brain was going to war with itself trying to retrace my steps back to my desk at home while also searching all the streets and stops i had passed till the post office hoping to find it some where, my mind on the other hand was trying earnestly to assure me that i didn't put it in my pocket, which was a failure because i knew very well that i had them both, my ID and my Bank Card, and now they are no where to be found.
this mind puzzle was freaking me out, the 5 mins bus drive from the city center to my place took an eternity, my head was pounding, i was angry at my self , you know this is not the first time this is happening, but this time around it happened right out of my hands, i just kept muttering 'not again, not again,' t my self, i'm sure the person next to me would think i'm just a crazy black girl, but at that moment, i had no care at all, i was in my own world, scolding myself for my carelessness.

I should have just left them both in the wallet and take the wallet with me, i mean, really, what was wrong with the wallet anyways, why didn't i just take it along? it would be difficult to lose a wallet than losing 2 cards from my pocket, i tried to think if i came to close to anyone who would have have access to pick my pockets, i thought of so many things while harboring a tiny bit of hope that i indeed forgot them on my desk.

Getting home, i didn't bother to undress, i just dashed straight to my desk and my fear increased, as they weren't there, i did leave the house with them but i didn't get to the post office with them, now the question was, where in the world are they?? so i just left and started walking all the way back as i had done earlier, with my head to ground, my eyes bright as a torch, i couldn't miss them, i cant loose them again!

Just there i n the midst of dirt and snow (because it sounds weird to say dirty snow) left behind by a car track, i saw my face looking back at me through my cards, they both lay there obviously crying out from the cold and me leaving them and walking away without any form of cover in this harsh whether, i felt like crying, but mine was to a tear of joy to have my babies back.... i love you , and i will never take you out of the wallet ever again! cant afford to loose you ! i need money to survive and you are the key to that , don't ever leave me again!

I eventually got my long awaited parcel, the universe is back to normal. Hallelujah!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment