Saturday 2 August 2014

Shocker!!

I met some Nigerian's,and forget the warning from home, at this point i was just relieved to see some Nutella skin humans, they took me round the hostel, showing me the common places like kitchen, bathroom and toilet(lips are sealed on that issue) looool.

I managed to get through the night, the following day some of the niaja babes decided to take me shopping so i could get some essentials, that was when my biggest fear was confirmed, they told me that only 5% of the population speaks English, so i should get ready to first buy another phone because my  blackberry is not allowed per-se in the country and i cant ping with it, only to make and receive calls, so i needed a good phone so i can download 'Google translate', more so before i can buy a sim card, i would use my passport.

All this information was just coming too fast, there was no time to  assimilate or even ask questions, and then one of them asked me if i also gave the man at Minsk some money, i said yes, and they all laughed, saying i had fallen 'mugu'....everyone started recounting their own stories with the man, at that point i didn't know whether to feel stupid or not, because i heard of the person who gave 3k dollars and more, the best part? the guy has disappeared with our cash....vanished.....expired......vamoosed.....gone boom boom....evaporated( you can insert your own word) i couldn't believe that i was 'mugued' by a white man, i mean come on, i am a niaja babe, born and breed.....i just couldn't show my anger cos they were all laughing and telling me that my money wasn't even much (like that is supposed to make me recover my $2k ).

So i met with the real Agent from the school and he said i was to pay him his agent fee for taking me around and helping with registration and all, i just vex tell am sey anywhere wey him see the other guy, make him collect him cut, because thurnder no dey strike one place two times!' i think i scared him with my outburst of pidgin because he gave me a look i wont forget anytime soon and he never asked me for the money again!

No comments:

Post a Comment