Saturday 2 August 2014

2k dollars

Located in the Eastern part of Europe, Belarus is a land-lock country bordered by Russia, Ukraine and Poland, population- 5 million, currency-Rubble, official language- Rusky...

Let's just fast forward all the drama that went on before i eventually got to the country, and all the (H)advises i got from everyone most especially the one that i shouldn't trust any Nigerian because the ones that has gone has already spoilt the name of the country and they are in to all sorts of vices over there.
so i got to Minsk-the capital of Belarus, and a driver was already waiting to pick me up, his English wasn't so good, but i just felt maybe i was too tired from the long journey and maybe it was his accent, so he took us to a restaurant, ordered loads of pizza and told me that he wasn't my agent that he was sent just to pick me from the airport and drop in my school that my agent will be with us soon...yeah the(supposed) agent came and after we all ate he asked to be given 2k dollars, which should cover my T.fare to the city in which the school is located, my hostel fee, my medical checkup fee, his agent fee and the driver's fee...

Did i forget to tell you that my Naija Agent and Dad warned me not to give anyone money?....well by the time this two guys sternly told me that they would leave me at the airport, and i had to find my way to my school which was 4 hours by road, plus that they had already paid my hostel fee and medical fee, so i was actually indebted to them, so i had to pay  one way or the other, i had no choice, than to just bring the money and give to them. got to the school and guess what? another Agent was waiting for me there!

Finally got to my room, and lo and behold my 'oyibo' roommates don't understand shit in English..... i was just sitting on my bed( which they helped me make) and thinking how in the world did i leave my country to 'oyibo' land and the said 'oyibo' cant understand English??? good gracious God, what am i doing here??

No comments:

Post a Comment